Southern Village Neighborhood Information
Year Built: 1995 – 2014
Schools: Scroggs Elementary, Grey Culbreth Middle, Carrboro High
Price Range: Condos & Townhomes $155,000 – $495,500 / Single Family Homes From $369,000 – $1,050.000
Sales Statistics from 2017: 62 Closed Sales in MLS
The first time I drove into Southern Village in 1999 I thought it looked like something out of a Hollywood movie set. Cute little houses with shutters and front porches on tree-lined streets, a little park on almost every corner, and white picket fences. The developer was striving for the feel of neighborhoods that were built in the 1930’s, and most of the neighborhood was still yet to come. Because of this, Southern Village homes for sale move fast.
Fast forward to the present, and those trees along the streets now touch in the middle, creating a tunnel of green shade as you stroll along the sidewalks. And the concept behind New Urbanism, building homes close together but committing large swathes of land to parks and greenways, has proven to be a huge success.
Neighborhood block parties, children playing together in their yards, and outdoor concerts and picnics on the neighborhood Green are all part of the lifestyle of this dynamic community. Sidewalks and walking paths connect the houses to the neighborhood school with the swimming pool and tennis courts and commercial area along Market Street.
Being able to walk to restaurants, take in a movie at the Lumina Theater, and grab your groceries at Weaver St. Market on your way home creates the walkable, active lifestyle that has made Southern Village so popular.
The wide range of housing, from one bedroom condos to grand estate homes, ensures a diverse range of Village residents that include young professionals, retirees, families, and students. Located only two miles from the University of North Carolina and downtown Chapel Hill, Southern Village is also only a short commute to Duke and Research Triangle Park. No matter where you work or play Southern Village homes for sale are sure to fit your needs.
Within 2 Miles of Southern Village
- Downtown Chapel Hill (Franklin Street)
- Grey Culbreth Middle School
- Carrboro High School
- UNC Hospitals
- The University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
- Dean E. Smith Center – Home of the NCAA Champion UNC Tarheels
- Kenan Stadium – Home of UNC Football
- PlayMakers Theater & Memorial Hall Performance Venues
Within 5 Miles of Southern Village
- Jordan Lake public access for boating, swimming, camping, and fishing
- Newly Renovated Chapel Hill Library
- Shopping: Eastgate Shopping Center, Carr Mill, University Mall
- Gourmet Restaurants: 411 West, Il Palio, Acme, A Southern Season, Fearrington House
Within 15 Miles of Southern Village
- RDU – Raleigh Durham International Airport
- Research Triangle Park
- Duke University & the NCAA Champion Duke Blue Devils
- Duke University Medical Center
- Streets at Southpoint Mall
- PNC Arena – Entertainment Venue & Home of the NHL Team Carolina Hurricanes
- DPAC – Durham Performing Arts Center